Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review - Dragons and Titans

Today in gaming: I took a look at a brand new Facebook game called Dragons and Titans. This game is a 5v5 MOBA-style game that you can play with your Facebook friends. In the game, you are a dragon and you must defend your base from invasion while simultaneously trying to free your titan -- who is imprisoned in the other base.

This game is currently in beta, so there some things that will be tweaked as they get some gameplay data, but this game is good raw material and a fun time. I enjoyed myself in both the games I played.

My first playthrough got ruined by the AVS screen capture software I used, so this is actually the second game I played.

Pros

Since it's a Facebook game, it shouldn't take as long as DOTA 2 -- so I like that it's faster. I like the graphics, I think the dragons are beautiful, when they die they turn into skeletons and then drift off into the abyss. It's quite gorgeous. The game loads quickly. They have "hoards" -- locations where you can take gold coins you pick up from minions to exchange for experience points to spend on your powers.

Cons

There's no way currently to attract attention to an area via a way-point. The creeps don't form creep lines -- they just kind of fly all over the place. Creeps are just as powerful as dragons throughout the game. Towers are super, super easy to kill. Enemies can fly into your base and kill you as you spawn; this is going to cause griefing. Respawn time is a solid five seconds always, so if you wipe out the enemy team they'll be right back in five seconds. The LVL 15 cap could present a stalemate situation later in the game.

I totally think you should try this game. Yes, it's a work in progress, but it's still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment