Today in gaming: Sega has announced that Total War: Rome II -- the much anticipated sequel being developed by Creative Assembly -- will be launched on Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
In addition, they also announced that anyone who pre-orders the game will receive the first DLC pack -- Greek States Culture Pack -- for free. This pack will add three additional factions to the game (Epirus, Athens and Sparta) and all of the units, buildings, missions, win conditions, and tech tress that go along with them.
After that, they talked about the Total War: Rome II Collector's Edition. There will only be 22,000 of them and each will be numbered. Here's what you get:
- Copy of the game
- A Tabula set (30 pieces in a drawstring bag)
- The Tabula board (built into collector's box)
- Replica dice
- Total War Cards™: PUNIC WARS (58 cards plus a board printed with the tech tree)
- A map of the game on canvas and tied with a ribbon
- "A complete, fully-functional Onager, or Roman siege catapult" (26cm x 12cm x 12cm, just in case you thought it was a full sized siege weapon).
The whole thing is bound in a leather-effect presentation box with magnetic closure.